Autor Wątek: Nice site  (Przeczytany 7740 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Nice site
« dnia: Sierpień 11, 2011, 18:23:27 pm »

Ralphh85

• Gość
Hi, i came across this site through a link, my family had an FSO Polinez many years ago, but they are very rare here, only ever seen a few. one day i would like to own one again!

pitty i cant read polish!

Ralph

Odp: Nice site
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Sierpień 11, 2011, 21:00:26 pm »

Offline Seba OBR

• Sympatyk
    • Polonez Caro (L-205) 1.8 16V
    • OBR Garages
It's nice when somebody from other country write here.

one day i would like to own one again!
You should search for polonez with rover engine. If You are from UK, You have possibilities to swap engine (for example to 1.8T K16) :)

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Sierpień 11, 2011, 22:33:44 pm »

Offline banned

• Sympatyk
pitty i cant read polish!

google translator seems to be working quite well nowadays. Anyway we've got already 440HP under the bonnet, 3 Coupes already reconstructed and I reccomend you Tomasz Myszkier & Piotr Zaleski races on Polonez 2000 at YT and SparrowNoblePoland's channel with FSO Cars series.
Osiągi samochodów FSO fabrycznie mierzone z 5 osobami i 50kg bagażu na pokładzie.
Kupię części nadwozia Polonez Plus kolor 44E

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Sierpień 12, 2011, 13:58:20 pm »

Ralphh85

• Gość
is the rover engine an easy swap then? guessing the original was a fiat engine?

Ralph

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Sierpień 12, 2011, 14:56:47 pm »

Offline Stingerek

• Sympatyk
    • Caro 1.4
    • http://www.thg.pl
Yes, but there was a 1.4 K16 versions in original. They are easy to swap to any other K16 engine.

Gdzieś głęboko pod Moimi i Twoimi powiekami, tam gdzie czarów jest miasteczko spotkasz mnie...

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Sierpień 12, 2011, 16:19:24 pm »

Offline Jaro

• Sympatyk
  • Ukryta opcja niemiecka
    • Caro Orciari OHV

Ralph

All you need is a totaled factory made 1.4 16V version, it's plug and play from then on.
LOW & SLOW

« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Sierpień 13, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »

Offline Aetius

• Sympatyk
    • Polonez Caro 1.4 GLI L-202 Polonez Atu+ 1.6 GSI 92U
My buddy swaped to 1.8 from land rover and it wasn't big deal either.

130 HP ;)
Był:
1.6 GLE L115 Pn Caro
Jest:
1.4 GLI 16v L202 Pn Caro orciari / 1.6 GSI 92U Atu+ / Mazda 2.5 V6 / Saab 900i 2.0 LPG

« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Sierpień 13, 2011, 14:31:35 pm »

Offline banned

• Sympatyk

Ralph

Polonez was designed for Fiat engines but there was a lot of widesuspensioned Caros and Atus with 1.4 Rover engine originally. There was even a version with Sierra engine. In Rover version there is a different suspension, gearbox, cluth, short rear differential 10/43 and different electrics of course. You can easyli put 1.6 or 1.8 liter Rover engine, with original computer of 1.4 and bigger injectors and stronger fuel pump, that is all. Into 1.6 or 1.8 you should put entire intake from Polonez 1.4 because it has more effective intake with some parts from Rover 2.0. Then all you have to do is to make a good exhaust because stock exhaust was a low budged crap and they put into the engine those intake parts from 2.0 to keep 103 HP with rubbish exhaust. It's more complicated with VVC and probaly turbo but for sure possible.

Also now Polonezes are very cheap, you can buy quite nice one for about 120 quids sometimes.

You can also install a Ford N9 gearbox with that engine if you wish to have strong gearbox for sport but this is not necesary. But a Rover 200mm cluth instead of 190mm is good idea but you can install it in FSO gearbox. A guess that with Rover Turbo you would need sporty cluth or bigger stock cluth that is possible to be installed in N9 however stock cluth would do the job, the only problem is the question how long it would stand it.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Sierpień 13, 2011, 14:41:31 pm wysłana przez BXMaster »
Osiągi samochodów FSO fabrycznie mierzone z 5 osobami i 50kg bagażu na pokładzie.

« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Sierpień 17, 2011, 11:41:01 am »

Ralphh85

• Gość
i had no idea any of them used rover engines as standard, what year cars used it? also do they use a unique FSO gearbox?

unfortunately i think i would need to travel to poland to get one for £120, they seem almost non existent here in the uk, especially where i live as its close to the seas os many cars rust away quick.

although you are making me want one more now :) i would liek one same same shape as the 1991 model.

Ralph

« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Sierpień 17, 2011, 23:12:13 pm »

Offline banned

• Sympatyk
had no idea any of them used rover engines as standard, what year cars used it? also do they use a unique FSO gearbox?

I believe that first Rover-powered Polonez was first widesuspensioned model from the end of 1993. The last Rover-powered was manufactured in 1998 but since 1997 it is a face lifted model: "Polonez Plus"- I've got such car. Gearbox is unique FSO dedicated for Rover version (after all this is rear wheel drive). Parts are the same as every FSO gearbox I think, only the housing is different shape. Cluth is Rover 190mm, rear axle is wide version with short diff 10/43 (4.3), front suspension is wide version with suspension bar dedicated to Rover version, also front stabilizer bar is also a special shape for rover version and there is an engine shield different for Rover (every Polonez has metal shield under engine as standard). Without LPG it is whole lot of fun to drive, especialy on rain. You should look for 1.4 GLI 16v or after a face-lift they were called 1.4 GTI 16v

they seem almost non existent here in the uk

They are vanishing in Poland rapidly too, in England they were avaible untill 1997 but we never exported a lot of the to UK. Even if, the older versions from 70ties and 80ties mostly. Also the Rover version was probably never exported to UK. Anyway I would recommend you just going on holiday to Poland, many nice places here, beatifull nature and rich, weird history and by the occasion you would buy a car. Perhaps some of us would be quite helpfull in looking for a car.

i would liek one same same shape as the 1991 model.

1991 was first Caro. 1993 model looks the same but it has better ventilation and it is widesuspensioned, also a harder springs and stronger shock absorbers. Some cars since 1993 had Lucas-Girling braking system, 1995 (I don't know which month it was) all of them had Lucas-Girling brakes.

Generally first model nicknamed "Borewicz" was 1977, second "Aquarium" was 1985 for export and 1987 for locals, 1989 model with Caro's back showed up, 1991- first Caro. 1993- wide suspension and new ventilation, windshield wipers and some more little changes, 1997 "Plus" model with new heating, lots of plasic and paint everywhere as standard. There were also short series of 3 door, 300 cars produced, and Coupe, only 50 models. All engines ever used were: 2.0 DOHC (Lampredi Fiat), 1.3 1.5 1.6 OHV (Fiat-FSO) in many mutations, 2.0 DOHC diesel (by FSO), 2.0 Turbodiesel (by VM) 1.5 OHV Turbo (Fiat-FSO), 2.0 SOHC (by Ford), 1.9 diesel (by Citroen), 1.4 (Rover of course) also 600 cars with 1.6 Rover and a few with 1.8.
The only stock versions wich are possible to buy are non-turbo OHV, 1.4 Rover, and Citroen diesel and Ford very rarely.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Sierpień 17, 2011, 23:28:02 pm wysłana przez BXMaster »

« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Lipiec 30, 2012, 22:38:25 pm »

McLaughlin

• Gość
Nice to see you here foreign friends! You're welcome : )