Autor Wątek: What does "składak" mean?  (Przeczytany 6998 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

What does "składak" mean?
« dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 20:12:28 pm »

serialnumberplate

• Gość
Greetings from Ukraine!

I read FSO history and often see the term "składak" (Wóz kupiony jako części i z nich złożony.). Please help me to understand it's meaning.
Did FSO sell car kits to people so they could build their own Polonez or Polski FIAT?

Odp: What does "składak" mean?
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 20:48:20 pm »

Offline Piotr_T

• Sympatyk
    • Audi A6 C6
"Składak" is then, when You change engine.
Caro Plus 1.6 GLI --> 1.4 GTI 74U - był
Caro Plus 1.4 GTI 23E - był ;(
Audi A6 C6 - tatusiowóz

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 21:10:11 pm »

serialnumberplate

• Gość
That's all?  :]
Thank you very much!

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 21:17:07 pm »

Offline Jaro

• Sympatyk
  • Ukryta opcja niemiecka
    • Caro Orciari OHV
Not really, according to the definition you've posted, it's literally "A car bought as a parts kit and assembled from them".
LOW & SLOW

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 21:18:47 pm »

serialnumberplate

• Gość
So was it possible that FSO sold parts kits to people?

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 21:42:30 pm »

Offline Jaro

• Sympatyk
  • Ukryta opcja niemiecka
    • Caro Orciari OHV
I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you with 100% certainity that it did not, but I've never heard of it.
LOW & SLOW

« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Październik 23, 2012, 22:46:09 pm »

Offline banned

• Sympatyk
Even a body was avaible as a spare part so I guess it was possible to buy entire car in parts. But maybe it's about assembly kits that were sold to Egipt- I heard that cars were sent in boxes to Egyptian factory. Some FSO cars were also a kinda "custom built". Turbo kit for 1.5 was officialy avaible, also you could order some changes If you had money and knew the right people. For sure it was possible in FSM, my grandmother had a special built Polski Fiat 126p, it was stock actually but better made, better painted and they told me that engine was better than in any other 126p they ever had, and they had 4.
You could also buy after tests cars, (even after crash tests). I also heard that OBRSO (FSO development division) was swapping engines for special orders. Not to mention the fact that several prototypes were sold to private owners instead of going to museum.

Also there was a project of FSO Kit Car in early 90ties but it never came out.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Październik 23, 2012, 22:49:51 pm wysłana przez banned »
Osiągi samochodów FSO fabrycznie mierzone z 5 osobami i 50kg bagażu na pokładzie.
Kupię części nadwozia Polonez Plus kolor 44E

« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Październik 24, 2012, 08:29:06 am »

serialnumberplate

• Gość
Many thanks for the such thorough answer!
However, I'm still a bit confused. Here (http://polskajazda.pl/Samochody/FSO/Polonez-Caro/123354) someone writes: "Mój nawy nabytek to składak. Złożony w łódzkim Polmozbycie przez jednego pracownika. W nową budę złożony tak jak widzicie. To autko nigdy nie widziało innego silnika."
Can you please explain what it means? Why is it called "składak"?

And here (http://www.forum125p.pl/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=531) is an example of składak VIN plate (tabliczka znamionowa) that looks strange - not like typical FSO VIN plate (looks like home made).
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3096/dsc01074el.jpg
That's why I thought that "składak" cars are produced by other factories (or by individuals) and have different VIN plates.

« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Październik 24, 2012, 11:55:37 am »

Offline zacekpl

• Sympatyk
  • Maniak RWD
    • PN 1.8 VVC '95/Sierra 2.0 '91/BMW 7 3.0 '92/ Opel Senator 2.6 92'
You can name car "składak" when owner bought car body, engine, interior etc. separately and made a comlete car on his own. Not by a factory. In "składak' you can find engines, bumpers and some details which werent mounted in factory in the same time. For exampe you have a body from 1982 and engine from 1990. "Składak's usally had incomplete VIN numbers without letters responsible for type of engine, gear box, differential etc. Sometimes pepole are swiched engines and body parts in stock car and is some kind od "skladak" too but you have complete VIN number and you can back into stock car by mounting oryginal parts. In "skladak' which I described above, you dont have this possibility.
Greetings for the FSO cars fan !

« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Październik 24, 2012, 19:21:43 pm »

serialnumberplate

• Gość
Thank you for all your answers.
Good luck to you all!

« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Grudzień 07, 2012, 12:55:10 pm »

Offline banned

• Sympatyk
However, I'm still a bit confused. Here (http://polskajazda.pl/Samochody/FSO/Polonez-Caro/123354) someone writes: "Mój nawy nabytek to składak. Złożony w łódzkim Polmozbycie przez jednego pracownika. W nową budę złożony tak jak widzicie. To autko nigdy nie widziało innego silnika."Can you please explain what it means? Why is it called "składak"?

My recently bough thing (car) is custom built (składak). Built in Polmozbyt in Łódź by one of the workers. Everything built into new body. This car has never seen any different engine. (Which means that engine is original, probably he means that engine is older than body, but his Polish is not good so we can't be sure what he wanted to say.) I think that "custom built" is the best translation for "składak".
Osiągi samochodów FSO fabrycznie mierzone z 5 osobami i 50kg bagażu na pokładzie.
Kupię części nadwozia Polonez Plus kolor 44E